From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] upgrades
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 04:25:56 -0800 (PST)

Chris,

Are you PCA7Y and the other person T84DA?

Did you subtract 1 from your RG value for Y-GATA-H4? It would be unusual for close matches with a common surname to have a 2-step difference on it.

Bob Stafford

Chris <> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I had my 43 marker test via Relative Genetics. I've just found, on Ysearch, an individual with the same surname and a very distant match. However they tested with Family Tree DNA. They tested on 37 markers. But being different companies we can only compare on 32 markers.

The question is there a company which would test me for FTDNA's 5 markers (not covered by Relative Genetics). And this matching individual on the markers I've tested on (Relative Genetics) but they have not been tested on with FTDNA?

Cheers,
Chris