From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New Y Phylogenetic Chart
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:18:28 -0800 (PST)

Charles and Max:

Would you mind explaining what "backroom dealings" are going on here. It all sounds very cloak and daggerish. Perhaps you fellows can work together to "publicly straighten" me out. Max, you are the representative of a very large company and this looks bad, very bad. If I am going to be castigated publicly I would like to know what is going on. Apparently you are both trading information about me and / or my company. There is nothing to stop you from doing this privately, but there are consequences if it is done publicly.

David Faux.

charles <> wrote:
Max:

I guess you saw Dr. David Faux's boasting and misrepresentation of ISOGG
involvement. It may be ISOGG members doing it but I don't think it is an
ISOGG sanctioned project. And Katherine needs to publicly straighten
David and the lurking readers of his message out. I told her that and
she is reluctant to do it.

Call me about this if you can.

Charlie Kerchner
Emmaus PA
Tel: 610-966-0437

David Faux wrote:
> Good point Doug. This matter will be brought before the new working group at ISOGG which is charged with (or we have charged ourselves) with the responsiblity of incorporating the many changes that have occured of late but are not being addressed by the academic community. Thus we will create our own chart with built in flexibilty to have a Version 3.1 installed on the website in an instant. 2002 was the last "official" phylogenetic chart - that is unacceptable. There are many changes and a lot of these are not reflected in the 2003 (Jobling) and 2005 (U of A) efforts. These are static entities - we will be creating something fluid that can keep up with the changes. At Ethnoancestry we have 28 new SNPs alone and there are many new arrangements for the M's and P's that have become apparent of late. ISOGG will take the bull by the horns.
>
> David Faux.

This thread: