From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: Are you missing the Geno boat?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:52:47 -0000

Dennis & List

if you have no 12/12 matches you have a number of options

(a) do nothing and wait for a match to turn up
(b) upgrade to 25 or 37 markers and look for 1 or 2 step mismatches
(perhaps 3 at the 37 marker level)
(c) do some research and use all the resources available (this list,
ysearch, Whit's predictor etc etc) to find out *why* you have no matches -
is it one rogue marker, an odd combination of unusual values, or possibly a
rare haplogroup? Then you can make an informed decision as to whether to
upgrade, search for 10/12 & 11/12 matches, order a SNP test, get a close
relative to test or even consider going back to the company and ask them to
check the results.
It all depends on the individual's resources (time, money) and personal
objectives.

Gareth