From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: Are you missing the Geno boat?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:52:47 -0000

Dennis & List

if you have no 12/12 matches you have a number of options

(a) do nothing and wait for a match to turn up
(b) upgrade to 25 or 37 markers and look for 1 or 2 step mismatches
(perhaps 3 at the 37 marker level)
(c) do some research and use all the resources available (this list,
ysearch, Whit's predictor etc etc) to find out *why* you have no matches -
is it one rogue marker, an odd combination of unusual values, or possibly a
rare haplogroup? Then you can make an informed decision as to whether to
upgrade, search for 10/12 & 11/12 matches, order a SNP test, get a close
relative to test or even consider going back to the company and ask them to
check the results.
It all depends on the individual's resources (time, money) and personal