From: "Herbert Hendricks" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: Are you missing the Geno boat?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:24:30 -0500

Dear Dennis

We had the case between two groups (4 in one and 2 in another who no one thought were kin per their lineages and the part of the USA) that matched 11 out of 12. They all matched all in the 25 group. When the 37 came in there was a slight mismatch on two markers (all mismatches on mutation sites). However overall everyone match within 2. Two in the group had no idea who they were. Two had their ancestors independently back to 1617. The other two had their back to 1700 and in an entirely different part of the US in 1700s.

When you compare these six to the other 44 in our project it isn't even a challenge to see the separation. In nearly all of our 37 markers tests and they are predominant in our project, there is no question when you see the differences in the distances that we have 23 very independent groups of Hendricks. I don't feel I could make this statement if we only tested 12 markers. My advice came from the Hill and Freeman group who had run into the problem of thinking they had kin and then doing 25 marker test and then 37 to separate out the groups. I was told to go straight to the 37 marker test and it has shown the way without question.

Herb Hendricks
Retired NASA Physicist
Hendricks(on) DNA Project Group Administrator
Secretary Hendricks Family Association
<mailto:>
1210 Long Meadow DR
Lynchburg, VA 24502