From: steven perkins <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: Are you missing the Geno boat?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:12:23 -0600

While John is largely correct that 12 marker results is all that is
needed to verify or refute certain hypothses for genealogy work, there
are exceptions. My Perkins, Creekmore, May, and McDaniel ancestors
are all 12/12 matches. It is only by testing at 25 and 37 markers
that they can be shown to be distinct lines. Even there, the McDaniel
line is a 36/37 match, but not known to be in geographical proximity
at a common time, so they are still distinct for genealogy purposes.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins

--
Steven C. Perkins