From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] R2 - M124
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:26:28 +1300

Thanks Dienekes

for both reference and pdf

John McEwan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dienekes Pontikos [mailto:]
Sent: Friday, 23 December 2005 1:52 p.m.

On 12/21/05, John McEwan <> wrote:
> David and List
>
> R2 interests me, but I am probably asking a question rather than
stating
> any facts. R2 is present at low frequencies in Turkey (relatively
widely
> spread) in some cases near Lebanon and northern Syria (Cinnioglu
2004).
> Given the distance to the centre of the middle east and the age of the
> haplotype is it a surprise?

Nasidze reports a frequency of P1-M124 (which is a different name for
R2) of 8% and 44% in two Kurdish groups.

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2005/03/mtdna-and-y-chromosomes-of-kurdish.
html

--

Dienekes' Anthropology Blog
http://dienekes.blogspot.com

Find your ancestors in the Birth, Marriage and Death Records.
New content added every business day. Learn more:
http://www.ancestry.com/s13964/rd.ashx

This thread: