From: "Chris" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b update 464x test results get really interesting....
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:53:29 -0000

Dear All,

This question has no doubt been answered in the past and very simplistic for
many of the group. But I must have missed it and am now somewhat confused
regarding DYS 464x. So I'd be grateful if someone would clarify my thoughts.
My understanding on DYS 464x is that:

1) It is now considered to be almost as important as an SNP for those who
are thought to be R1b?

However, I note that people refer to the repetitions such as ccgg!
2) I take it that this has to be separately tested for (as a SNP) and no
connection to the STR repetitions?
3) Thus 464 importance being less based on repetitions such as 15,15,15,16
but on whether for example the markers show a pattern of protein repetitions
such as ccgg?

As yet I've refrained from being SNP tested. Chiefly due to a) cost & b) my
interest in anthrogenealogy is less than that for the use of
geneticgeneaology. It would also appear quite clear from the Y Haplogroup
predictor that I am R1b.

I match with 4 individuals. All with the same surname. Three of whom are
DYS 464 a-d 15,15,15,16; the 4th not tested (via SMGF). Three of us are DYS
390 24 (one 25). All DYS 19 15. All DYS 389/1 13, DYS 389/2 28.

Two of us are: PCA7Y, T84DA
The others haven't put their data on Y search.

Many thanks for your help and a happy new year,
Chris