From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: New SNP Split in I1b
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:51:25 -0700

I was off the list for a month so perhaps this has been announced to I1b folks generally and I just missed it in my review of December's postings; but..... An I1b friend of Baltic origins has split the (up to now "equivalent or redundant") SNPs M359 and P41 in that subclade, being derived for the former and ancestral for the latter, and of course previously having been found P37 derived. This person's I1b haplotype seems to be of the Dinaric form but with some unusual features. So looks like we will need an I1b3 in the tree, although some more SNP testing of P41 and M359 will be needed to pin things down completely.

Ken

This thread: