Subject: Re: [DNA] Question
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:55:14 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2006 1:33:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
writes:

There is nothing in my statement that suggests a project manager has to do
it
personally, so I don't know why you even wrote this. I referred to the
project, as did you. Whether the genealogies are collected by one person or
100
makes no difference, as long as they are available.

You actually are strengthening my argument, since you are, in fact, using
genealogies. What would you accomplish without them? You would just have a
bunch
of living individuals sorted according to biological matches. (This is the
main goal of some people, so there is nothing wrong with it, per se.)

Bob Stafford

***************************RESPONSE from Anne

Bob,

Your original assertion to someone who had purchased a 37 marker kit was
this:

"If you are interested in genealogy (i.e., establishing
generation-by-generation connections), you probably did waste your money. "

The implication is that DNA tests offer nothing to genealogy -- period. Far
from strengthening your argument, I have explained how a DNA test helps a
genealogist reduce their overall expenditures of time, effort and money by
putting together people who are tracking related lines and can share research
that is SPECIFIC to their family line and some of whom may have those documents
that others need (Bibles, marriage certificates, etc.)..

As to why I said what I did about the lead researchers, I was simply
explaining HOW my project handled the paper trail side.

Perhaps it was merely a misunderstanding on my part regarding what you said.
However, such sentences make me cringe knowing how many newbie lurkers may
read them and have the same kind of misunderstanding.

Anne

This thread: