From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] DNA question
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:14:05 +1300

Dear Patricia

I did a quick comparison of M8PSX against the various R1b "clusters" I
describe at With only 25 markers can't make
a lot of statements other than:
* almost certainly R1b (as FTDNA suggest) 7 mismatches against R1b modal
versus 16 against R1a modal.
* unlikely to be R1bSTR19Irish (this is the same as David Wilson's Irish
defined group) with 10 mismatches
* Based on only 25 markers I cannot suggest with any degree of
reliability what cluster you are part of.
* Based on surname matches may be of English or Welsh ancestry.

Hope this helps

John McEwan