From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: Natl Geo sucsess story
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 04:04:46 -0800

Hi Jim,
I have been a member of the Beatty surname yDNA project for quite a while. I
have excellent paper documentation taking the L-05 linage to 1621 Scotland.
But this lineage could find no contact with a living direct male descendant
for yDNA testing.

Through Natl Geo project a male Beatty was tested and was told about "OUR"
Beatty surname project. He was contacted by the project Administrator. He
gave what little he knew about his Beatty Lineage to the DNA admin..Was
tested at 37 markers and through some excellent work by members of the
BP2000 mailing list (the genealogical paper trail side), we found he was of
the L-05 group.

So without the Natl Geo project, I would still be without a male to
represent my L-05 lineage.

THis is just one positive story about the Natl Geo project.. Why do it? If
he had not.. Line 05 would still be without a male representive. Since then
we have found an additional male (no paper trail) who shares a common
ancestor at about 500 years.

So I say thank you! and keep testing

Nelda a Beatty descendant of BP2000 L-05

Nelda's websites - Please visit
http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
Gilpin DNA Project member

This thread: