From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: mtDNA Haplogroup K Project at FTDNA
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:34:56 -0500

Hi all,

As of today, there is an mtDNA Haplogroup K Project at FamilyTreeDNA. I have
signed up as the project administrator. Anyone who has taken an mtDNA test
at FTDNA with results showing he or she is in haplogroup K is invited to
join. Also, those with K results transferring from the National Geographic
Society's Genographic Project are invited. In those cases no new test is
required. Joining is from the blue JOIN button on your personal page.

Those who have not tested yet, but have a direct maternal-line relative who
is a K, are also invited to test as a project member. Such persons should
contact me first to determine whether they are likely to be a K.

Further information is available at the project website:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtDNA%5FK/

Bill Hurst

This thread: