From: "Eli d S" <>
Subject: Re: Missing R Branches was Re: [DNA] F* == J1?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:59:34 -0500

Thought the one that was removed due to infertility associations was M222 or
R1b3g

Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:24:15 +0000

I believe those two of the R1b was removed due to medical issue regarding
infertility.
From: "Eli d S" <>
> Since there is no current phylogenetic tree chart, attempting to find my
> place on the tree I was combining the FTDNA chart and the one from Nature
in
> 2003. There appears to be two branches missing, what happened to R1a
(don't
> confuse with R1a1*) and R1b2? I can see how the tree gets reorganized as
> more branches are discovered and so on, but how can two branches
completely
> disappear?
>
> Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the subclades of M269 are not
> represented in the FTDNA chart?
>
> I've included a .jpg that shows the missing branches
> http://tinyurl.com/9nv5f
>
> Thanx
>
> Eli

> Subject: Re: [DNA] F* == J1?
> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:01:24 EST
>
> In a message dated 01/10/06 7:39:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> > I think the chart is old now perhaps (OBE == Overtaken By Events). It
> > shows J1 as M62 whereas in the literature J1 has been cited as M267.
> > Also my observation is that in the recent literature there little to
no
> > mention of J1 (M267). In the chart F* is shown as M89/P14/M213. I
don't
> > see M267 in the chart so I'm thinking it is new and therefore J1(M267)
> > belongs to F*? That was kinda of my question.
>
> Yes, it sure is old, but updates are scattered here and there with no
> central
> authority on nomenclature. Looking at the FTDNA J chart, M62 would now be
> J1a.
>
> http://www.ftdna.com/deepclade.html#deepJ
>
> Any way you slice it, M267 should test positive for J (12f2) and should
not
> be called F*.
>
> Ann Turner

Find your ancestors in the Birth, Marriage and Death Records.
New content added every business day. Learn more:
http://www.ancestry.com/s13964/rd.ashx

This thread: