From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] R1b SNP page updated
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:00:34 +1300

Dear Dennis

DYS385 a and b is a duplicated segment so when you test it you get two
values. These have traditionally been listed lowest first. The new
Kittler test (see description and links on my R1b page at
http://www.geocities.com/mcewanjc/s21.htm ) allows you to distinguish
each of the alleles and this allows identification of the order of the
STR values. R1b individuals are normally hi then lo.

Cheers

John McEwan