From: "Alfred A. Aburto Jr." <>
Subject: Y-STR haplotypes in the northwestern China Han population ...
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:52:36 -0800

Zhang Y., "Y chromosomal STR haplotypes in the northwestern China Han
population",
Forensic Science Internaltional 156 (2006) 82-87.

The article, in fact the whole volume 156, is "complementary" at the
Forensic Science International web site:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/03790738

Data is given for 20 Y-STR loci (markers): DYS19, DYS385, DYS389(I,II),
DYS390, ..., etc.
for 122 unrelated males.

I see DYS385 reported as "x.y" where x can be less, the same, or bigger
than y. When checking with my haplotype though I just assumed a low-high
order as usual (there was nothing close to my haplotype :-) but I
checked anyway).

In this report DYS389I was bigger than DYS389II. This is not normal as I
remember DYS389II usually bigger than DYS389I, but it may be typical for
a China Han population, I don't know. It seemed like an error to me ...

I suppose that all the data like this eventually finds its way into the
YHRD.
Al

This thread: