From: "Herbert Hendricks" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Seek Advice on probabilityof success of below
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:53:39 -0500

Dear Robert,

Yes, I'm well aware of the Moses Hendricks family and their history in great depths.

Most of the family gave up on this years ago as they never found a Susanna Glenn to
connect to. The Glenn Families of VA just didn't have a daughter that could not be accounted for as marrying Moses Hendricks. However there is always that remote possibility.

There area number of cases of mid-1750s families into SC without a trace of their origin without multi-decades of research. We're hoping to speed some oft his up with DNA. In fact we recently had a connection back from GA, to SC, to NC and to MA (1600s) proven by DNA. Amazing that this connection was made but the base for comparison (MA Hendrick) was made independently from the others (NC Hendricks 1700 Bertie Co., NC).

Davenport in his Frontier Hendricks reports, even though done in modern times by a professional researcher, with assets, and over 50 helpers, did not stand up to the test of DNA to prove what a lot of people in SC did know about their Hendricks families. So far he has been wrong 3 out of 4 times and we still have 9 different Hendricks groups in SC to test via DNA.

My Major family had a similar problem but I found the connection back into VA, having lived here for 42 years, and straightened out the record.

I'm an old native of SC. If you study SC genealogy you find a lot of this. In our day and time now, you can look back and see a lot of the old SC researchers were grabbing at unproven associations and adding to them.

Leonardo Andrea didn't help anything in his collections of SC Family Histories, He just proliferated it. Leonardo Andrea did not do his research as well as we are capable of doing today. In fact, if Leonardo Andrea had just access to inter-Library loan as we do today he would have done a much better job. Books published in the early late 1800s and early 1900s from other states didn't proliferate into SC.

God Bless.

Herb Hendricks
Retired NASA Physicist
Hendricks DNA Project Group Administrator
Secretary Hendricks Family Association
<mailto:>
1210 Long Meadow DR
Lynchburg, VA 24502