From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: Re: Where to find the most STR markers (was Re: [DNA] M5UKQ/FTDNA
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:10:13 -0800

Charles,
I have included your entire message to me so things are not taken out of
context! My cousin Bill Hurst does not need defending ..He is great and can
defend himself when needed, which in this case really does not need
definding! No put down was meant to him or you.. but since I normally don't
read your messages since you so curtly wrote me off list about postings on
your private mailing lists at yahoogroups and I felt I had to leave those
groups.

I must say I appologise for seeming to take yours or his comments out of
context. I have no idea why you would need to defend yourself when all I did
was show what DNA-FP had to offer and agree with Doug that they were a full
service dna company. I'll make sure not to address anything else to you, but
I will make my comments on any subject I feel like. You don't run this list
and I will not be intimidated as you have already tried.

The website services at the others are nice, but I'd rather get the tests at
a good price then have the website services.

Nelda:

The quote Doug attributed to me was not made by me. And again, not to
have to defend Bill Hurst since he can do that very well himself, but
you are taking Bill Hurst's comment out of the overall context of the
thread he responded to, imo.

Charles

P.S. I have used DNA-FP and Biotix.de long before many on this List did.
I was one of the "bubble gum" boys, if you know what that affectionate
terms means. I use DNA-FP to this day. I have various marker tests in
process right now. I think DNA-FP is a fine company and Thomas Krahn is
a definite contributor to this field. So just because I said dittos to
Bill Hurst's comments about considering what a full service company
means from the perspective of running surname projects, meaning one that
provides surname project management tools in their website, does not
take anything away from DNA-FP's marker testing list of offerings.
Again, you are not addressing Bill Hurst's full comments, the context he
was responding to, and you are putting words into my mouth and
attributing words to me that I did not type and post to this List.

This thread: