GENEALOGY-DNA-L ArchivesArchiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2006-01 > 1138197392
From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: R1b SNP page updated
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:56:32 +1300
After returning from my trip, I have now updated the R1b SNP page.
Plenty of results starting to trickle in after the summer break. Thanks
to all who supplied data.
The page is at
Altered entries have names in pink.
1) With C27F2 (Vass) we now have extended test results of a P25+/M269-
individual my private guess is that he is M73+ but this test is not yet
2) On the basis of Eldon Wade's public and private comments about the
Z84BR STR profile I have removed its classification as a R1bSTR22Frisian
and left it unknown at this time until the STR profile has been fully
retested. This returns the Frisian cluster to all members tested to date
as being S21+. It also hopefully dampens down enthusiasm for convergent
mutation being trotted out as the primary explanation for any unusual
results. Eldon deserves a vote of thanks in pursuing this.
3) At this stage 7 results are back for S26 (aka null DYS439) and the
results continue to confirm it as only present within some S21+
4) We have several more S28 results but none that are positive. It will
be interesting to see how well this group can be defined based on STRs
5) Similarly we have several new S29 results but as yet none that are
As usual if there are any mistakes or I have not included your results
please contact me.
|R1b SNP page updated by "John McEwan" <>|