Subject: Re: [DNA] Newsweek Article: In your Blood (DNA Testing)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:45:16 -0800

From the article - "Genetic genealogy has developed a cultlike
following." Are we a cultlike following? I've been called a geek on a
fairly regular basis, but I don't think I like labeling genetic
genealogy a cult. Computer geeks outnumber us a thousand to one. Is
computer technology a cult? It seems an insignificant point, until
you consider that many people reading the article have little
knowledge of genetic genealogy. There is a big difference between a
science & a cult, & little slips like that can turn away potential
participants. I wonder about the author's choice of words. Pat

This thread: