From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] How many lowland/highland Scots are Scots R1b?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:48:52 -0400

I have been extracting Ysearch data for surnames with certain ties
to Refrewshire and Lanarkshire area of Scotland (the so Strathclyde
Britain area). There are not many hits so far for 25 plus markers.
However, of what I have to date there are much more YCA = 19, 23;
390/391= 24/11 (only six 24/10); and 389 = 13,29 (only 7 13/30). It
is still too early to draw any real conclusions as there are a number of key
surnames not yet covered. I used the approach of only extracting
those surnames that are based on a place name in that area as it would
favour those families in the over five hundred years ago. This is the
only way to get an indication of the original Strathclyde British in
the area. The problem is that there was a huge influx of Irish and
outside Scots due to the Industrial boom and this would skew
the results. A hard area just because of the growth of Glasgow.

Best wishes!

Peter