From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Hotspots"?
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 01:13:26 -0400

>I don't know what triggered your jihad on Frisian R1b, but if you go back
> my original posts in 2004 on finding that the 23/11/13/13 to 24/11/13/13
> ratio was noticeably higher in the Frisian coastal stretch of Europe from
> Netherlands to Denmark, you will see that I deliberately clumped Europe
> into
> a small number of zones, each made up from the sum of a number of YHRD
> regions.

I'm not on a jihad (and in light of recent news events is it wise
to have a name like Nordtvedt and throw a Muslim
phrase in there); just looking for accuracy. If one is
going to use a label it should solidly apply. My only bone
to really pick is that I wasted a lot of time trying to find a
Frisian angle to Kincaids in Campsie, Scotland. There probably
isn't one.

By your own account now (above) you based your conclusion
on a much larger area than Frisia but decided to call it Frisian
whether it really applied fully or not. I personally think it significant
that just three local places (Freiburg, Germany, Stuttgart, Germany, and
Strasbourg, France) account for a little over 10% of all 23/11/13/13s
in the YHRD database. Another strong close cluster is Chemnitz,
Dresden, Halle and Leipzig at 15%. That's 7 places of 157 in YHRD
accounting for 1/4 of the 23/11/13/13s and all in central-southern
Germany as opposed to Frisia.

Before I posted my misnomer thread I first queried you about
details. You did not offer up any then and you still don't appear
to be willing to. I'm just trying to find the numbers that brought
about the Frisian label.

Peter

P.S. Sometimes you cite SMGF which makes me think of
the enormous effort you made to get statistics for four
markers (390,391,392,393) when you have to input at
least seven markers (given all the combinations). It certainly
would be a nice contribution on your part to share all the numbers
you got at some point.

This thread: