From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: RE: Where are the DYS390=26? was R1b Analysis, EA, etc, was [DNA] "Hotspots"?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:41:57 +1100

Alan,

<snip>
> Diversity of markers is usually taken as a sign of age, with the more
> diverse having mutated for a longer periods than the less diverse. I
> calculated the diversity of DYS390 for the range DYS390=25,24,23, and 22.
> DYS390=26, and 21 were ignored as being statistically neglible.
<snip>

> Alan Foster.
> =========

I am DYS390=26 and I am trying to find my place in the discussion of R1b ...
I don't like being ignored and being statistically negligible. I feel like
an orphan or outcast that nobody wants to acknowledge!

I seem to fit the SWAM with the exception of:
DYS390=26
DYS394/19=15
DYS439=11

Comments?