From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Databases
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:26:52 -0700

Sure, there would be more information content if every haplotype in a
database had a *measured* far downstream SNP status included, but that's
like saying we would be ahead if there were also more markers included ---
hardly a valid complaint about the public database with the largest number
of routinely present markers.

Actually, I believe no haplogroup tag is better than Ysearch's
self-estimated or company-estimated haplogroup tags which are just another
error source to get in the way.