From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: P78 and P95 in I-Haplogroup Tree (old I1c Bush)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:20:40 -0700

I obtained SNP results tonight from Ethnoancestry for the two dna samples, P78+ and P95+, for which I had previously commissioned measurement of the 43 marker extended haplotypes. As the extended haplotypes strongly suggested by their motifs, P78+ and P95+ have now been confirmed M223+ and S24+ and are downstream in the (old) I1c bush. Reported results from Ethnoancestry for other haplotypes from this bush have established that P78+ and P95+ are neither upstream or downstream of the "Isles" clade SNP M284+. My test results for another dna sample, M379+, indicates it is not downstream of P78 or P95. There is still the theoretical possibilities that P78+ and P95+ are downstream of M379+, P78+ downstream of P95+, or vice versa, but this can clarified by pending tests. The most likely structure of the (old) I1c bush as I now see it is shown at the site www.northwestanalysis.net

There are some forms of Continental (old) I1c, M223+, which seem particularly promising to be also P78+. I'll discuss this soon after a break to watch the Olympics.

Ken

This thread: