Subject: RE: [DNA] 35/37 Marker YDNA Advice Requested
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:35:29 EST

"The idea of two sons with two different wives, especially 200 years ago, is
not too difficult but the idea of two sons both named John is odd--unless
they were both called by a second name."

I believe you will find it quite common, 200-400 years ago, for a family to
reuse the name of a son, who died early, for the next son born. This seems
especially so when the given name was following family tradition of naming the
older sons after the father or grandfathers. I have found cases of this in my
research in England.
Floyd Oakes

This thread: