From: Carol Botteron <>
Subject: More than 2 FTDNA Projects (was What to do about reluctant brothers:for Lois)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:21:23 -0500

At 11:57 AM -0500 3/13/06, William Hurst wrote:
>Diana wrote:
>
>>Last I heard, FTDNA only allows someone to join two projects, which basically
>means one surname project and one regional project; and, of the two, the most
>>important choice is the surname project.
>
>Diana and Roy, it's a little confusing but two projects is not the
>limit. I belong to four: a surname project, a geographic project, a
>Y-DNA haplogroup project, and an mtDNA project. Generally, if your
>FTDNA personal page Join button will let you join, I guess you can
>join, depending on the rules of the project.

If the button won't let you join, send FTDNA a note. I was in two
(one mtDNA haplogroup project and one geographic) and wanted to
join a second geographic project. I asked FTDNA what to do, and
told them they could remove me from the first geographic project
if necessary. They said it was OK to be in all 3 and added me.

Carol Botteron (mtDNA J1b1)
French Swiss and Hickson/Hixson/Hixon projects

This thread: