From: "DONALD MILLIGAN" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] IxI1b2 Haplogroup / I1c pre-Viking / Cruithne
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:44:37 -0800

Along these lines, I recall "Galloway Gossip", written circa 1900, made a
couple of comments based upon his knowledge of the area's "thinking" at the
time.

1. Large population of Cruithne came from Ulster to Wigtonshire,
Kirkcudbrightshire, & adjoining areas in pre-Roman times. Cruithne had some
association with the Gallgaels in Ulster, Galloway, & the Isles.

2. Author surmized that the early Picts of central & eastern Scotland had
Germanic origins among the peoples of NW & Baltic areas of Europe.

So, some of our DNA insight (without DNA testing) was held 200+ & far back
among the communities in question. DM

Don Milligan
3003 South 253rd Street
Kent, WA 98032