From: "South" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] {Bonnie} an unexpected haplogroup result
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 21:49:21 +1000

Gary,

I do understand and support the Neolithic migration, as I support the
possibility of other migrations/ all migrations. Our topic was the possible
inclusion of J within a related kindred which migrated pre-LGM.

In terms of early migration, variables abound. A point for consideration.

You wrote;
The Neolithic migration represents the movement of J into Europe. I believe
conventional thinking is that if you had a prior migration of J during Paleo
times you would have a greater frequency of them in Europe.

In answer;
We know we had a migration of IJ into Europe which gave birth to I*, where
is IJ today?

Further Bonnie posted sound questions regarding my reason for introducing
the subject.

I have an unresolved observation {Ysearch Haplo-Map} regarding a faint
corridor of J-inferred families from Turkey to Lithuania, which is different
to the shape made by the spread of say J2 in Europe. This area north of
Turkey through the Balkan refugia on to the Baltic coast is a corresponding
area of high Hg-I concentration. This I believe may be suggestive of an
early migrating kindred post-LGM.

This is now further supported by the known connection of J to IJ being the
pre-I* kindred.

All the best!
Grant South.