From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] an unexpected haplogroup result
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:50:42 -0700

> What were the reasons the deeply probing researchers gave for
> putting the arrival of J just or only with the Neolithic or
> later --- other than the SE to NW cline?
> In other words, the researchers being deeply probing is not
> an explanation.
>
> To me the relevant real solid evidence in the dna
> distributions is just that the J, G, and E distributions in
> Europe look different than those of R and I.
> And there had been so much previous work on the spread of
> agriculture from MidEAst into Europe, they felt compelled

To me, this sounds like another attempt to revive the long-discredited 'wave
of replacement' theory. A map of the current genetic distribution in
Europe shows that the 'wave' broke and crashed quite early, with little
genetic impact. The new technologies penetrated far better than the
people did. Either that or it's another attempt at an 'ex oriente lux'
revisionism doctrine.

Glen

This thread: