From: "Eli d S" <>
Subject: Most populous Haplogroup
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:05:13 -0400

We know that A & B are the most common Haplogroups in Africa, R1b in western
Europe, R1a in Eastern Europe and so on. What is the most common Haplogroup
among Unitedstatians? How about among Americans? Brazil has about 180
million people, most of them black, the US has about 30 million, spread
among the rest of the American nations theres got to be at least another 20
million. Most of the rest of America is composed of Native Americans, dont
know the percentage but my guess would be around 50% of the population at
least. So, it could be that the most common Haplogroup among Americans is Q
followed by A or B, and then R (?)

This thread: