From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] novice SMGF question
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 04:46:59 -0400

Man, you give me credit for a lot of power. I can't personally force them to
give me the time of day. But it hadn't occurred to me before... Maybe if the
SMGF database is shut down entirely, everyone in it will donate their data to
other, more accessible online databases. Teach the bumbling bureaucrats a
lesson.

It amazes me that people resent sending their DNA to a commercial lab that makes
no claim to ownship (and no requirement for a pedigree), one that provides them
with fast service and a multitude of perks, but will eagerly turn around and
give away their DNA and a lifetime of genealogical research to another lab that
treats them like change from a nickle, then practically worship them for the
privilege of having done so. DNA testing isn't *that* expensive.

This thread: