From: "brian quinn" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Come on, I1a Haplotypes
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:52:20 +1000

Just another Celtic moan I suppose. But.

The Irish census for the 19th century were recycled (well destroyed) during
First World War in England though the rest of Britains weren't- some kind of
message there!

There's a lot of the English census on the web and cd and the Scottish
census is catching up.

In the US you seem to have census data back till 18th Century so it is easy
for old immigrants to find all their ancestors back to the first boatload.

For lot of Irish there is no paper trail at all until recently. Our family
local parish had the church and its records burned by the local terrorists
in 1918 (I think that's the date).

So for a lot of Irish and Scots , R1b and its clades may offer some solace
in this rootless world.

quinny