From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] R1b SNP page updated
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:17:56 +1000

Hi Gareth,

I have found another grouping which has the 459 = 8,9 but with the normal 464 alleles.

This could be a halfway grouping from Atlantic to Irish Type III.
Modal is Atlantic except

459 = 8,9
439 = 11/12
456 = 15/16
I have 30 sets of results but those that have origins other than USA or Unknown, are from all over Europe and the British Isles so it could be earlier than the Irish Type II grouping.

Cheers
Dennis Wright
Irish Type III
6PWCD waiting on R1b deep clade testing

> Dennis
>
> It would also be interesting to see DYS464X results for someone in this
> group - it looks like there may have been at least two unusual mutational
> events (a multistep deletion and a recombination/conversion) to arrive at
> the 13-13-15-17 pattern. I'm curious why this coincides with a
> possible two
> step deletion at DYS459.
>
> Gareth

d=14599&targetid=5429