From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] R1b SNP page updated
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:29:58 +1200

Dennis & List,

As far as I can see, no Irish type IIIs have been SNP tested yet with EA,
based on those publicly recorded on John McEwan's database.

In view of about 50% on Irish type IIIs having missing DYS463 on the
Sorenson database, it would be interesting to have some of this group tested
for S25 with EA.

No other group I have found has such a consistently high missing DYS463
rate. Whatever is found regarding the existence of a SNP near DYS463, it is
possible that the Irish type III cluster has a distinctive SNP of it's own
in the DYS463 area.

John.