From: "Andrew and Inge" <>
Subject: scots versus sc2
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 07:43:52 +0200

From: "Mark MacDonald" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] scots versus sc2
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:47:21 -0500

Using Doug McDonald's mutation speed calculator which he has prepared for
our to be published Clan Donald website, there are probably only 23
generations between a signature which is 36/37 to the scot modal to the
McCutcheons. 515 to 690 years is not very much time. This calculatot uses
his published mutation speeds. That being said his fluxus charts do show
the McCutcheons as one of five separate identifiable groups within 13 24 14
10 in addition to the classic scots modal core group.

===

Hi Mark

I don't think I've seen those charts. I presume the McCutcheon group
includes the main Campbell group? Are any of the other groups *not
associated with only one or two surnames? For example there is presumably
the McGregor+Stirling group, and so on.

I would be interested to know more.

Regards
Andrew