Subject: Re: [DNA] Haemochromatosis and R1b and Plague
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 19:30:14 EDT

Janet,

Your husband's cardiologist is wrong. It sounds like he hasn't updated his
knowledge of Hereditary Hemochromatosis (HH) since medical school. He probably
believes it's an old man's disease and women can't get it. What he is looking
for is bronze skin and some people who are more advanced with HH will have
the bronze skin. I did not because my case was in the early stage. If you wait
until jaundice sets in, you may too late since HH can lead to liver cancer
if HH is not treated. Run, do not walk, to a hematologist or a
gastroenterologist. You might want to consider changing to a more knowledgeable
cardiologist. I know I would. Your medical doctor should do the testing. Just keep in
mind that insurance companies have been know to discriminate with those who have
HH even though if a person is treated early and properly, his/her life span
is the same as one who does not have HH.

A good website is _http://www.americanhs.org_ (http://www.americanhs.org) .
It's the American Hemochromatosis Society and has a lot of info.

E-mail me off list and I will explain more if need be.

Nora

In a message dated 5/3/2006 4:31:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,