From: Marcy <>
Subject: Testing for African ancestry
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 12:33:58 -0700

My husband's family is trying to resolve the question of whether my
husband's great, great, great-grandmother may have been part
African-American. She was born in 1814. She does not have a surviving
matrilineal descendant whose mtDNA could be tested. (Whether she had
sisters who may have matrilineal descendants in unknown at this point.)
My question is whether the testing they do at DNA Tribes would be able
to look at my husband's DNA and determine whether he has any "recent"
African ancestry?

Thank you for your help.
Marcy

This thread: