From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Hg "Q" Henson Hanson
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:27:36 -0600

This thread seems to convey two opposite messages? Gareth indicates there
are no STRs which are distinctive for Q; yet 412 Q haplotypes have been
collected and some even from SMGF. How is the latter done unless you have
confirmed SNP test results for them? I looked for a Q haplogroup project at
FTDNA but did not find one. Also, I did not see one at "world families dna
smorgasbord"?

Is there a distinctive modal structure of Q haplotypes? European or Central
Asian?

Ken