From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: Amazing article about genetics -- please help
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:29:37 -0400 (EDT)

Jim wrote:
> I know about that, but you miss my point. I said "even IF you had a
> 100 percent accurate atDNA test..." The fact that statistical
> uncertainty distorts the results of these tests only conpounds the
> effects of random genetic recombination.

No, I got your point. I merely observed that the effect you are
talking about is contained entirely within the larger effect that
is already included in the analysis. You don't have to go back and
add any more factors to the confidence intervals shown by DNAprint
(unless the lab error rate is a lot higher than we think).

John Chandler

This thread: