From: <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Tragedy of Immense Proportions! :p
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:07:09 -0400

Very nice. God Bless you. Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Diana [mailto:]
Sent: 26-May-06 12:06 PM

Uh, on a scale of 1-10 for tragedies, I'd say this is about a 2. On a scale of
embarrassment, about a 5.

It's not unusual to have no matches. I understand about 40% of test subjects
have no match out of the gate. Of the 22 members in my project, 15 have unique
haplotypes (i.e., no matches). There's no telling how long your adoptee will
have to wait for a match. He could get one tomorrow, or he might not get one
for years. Unfortunately, *that* is what you should have told him.

But the bottom line is that it was a thoughtful gift, and some day it *will* pay
off. On a scale of 1-10 for thoughtfulness, I'd call it a 10! :-)

Diana