From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: New uncommon R1b 37 marker results
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:13:07 -0400

OK, John, Ken, and all you R1b experts, I'm counting on you. . .

We may not have those 67 markers yet, but tonight at long last we got
the 37-marker results on my odd R1b participant. He is QCNY7 at Ysearch.

12 24 15 11 11 14 12 12 12 10 13 26
15 9 10 11 11 24 15 19 29 14 14 15 16
10 12 19 24 17 15 18 17 36 38 12 12

The unusual or off-modal marker values (some more than others) are:
12 at DYS393
15 at DYS19
10 at DSY389I
15 at DYS458
14-14-15-16 at DYS464
10 at DYS460
19-24 at YCAII

It doesn't seem to match any of Ken's modal haplotypes.

I imagine, as we've previously discussed, that the 10 at DYS389I is the
result of a multi-repeat deletion. There are a few other families that
have this.

Some of the haplotypes that are interesting to compare are QJZ6R, KV7Y2,
VYP6S, U45CH . . . to a lesser degree KNC6P, RZRDN, 3Y5HC, and PW7UZ,
but no one who shares 19-24 at YCAII is very close.

I have searched a good deal for correlations, but the only one I can
find that looks at all interesting is a weak one between the 12 at
DYS393 and the DYS464 haplotypes that begin with 14 and have lower values.

Any thoughts?

Bonnie

This thread: