From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] I have a problem and question.
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:54:17 -0700

Hi,
First to Ken, by all means I do not mean to say new tests (with new primers)
should not be developed.. Just that if I test DYS464X, I should not try to
compare it with DYS464 from any other lab, as the primers are different.
DYS464x being a more complete test. I learned this from John Chandler. So on
the new tests compare with the same company....that way the primers and
standards are the same.. apples to apples and oranges to oranges...

To the rest of you, Wow! what an interesting subject and conversation.. I
don't know about anyone else but I am learning so much.. It is wonderful!

Thank you so much.. ths list is almost as wonderful as the new developments!

Nelda

Nelda's websites -
http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
Gilpin DNA Project member