From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] S3, S10, S13, S17 in R1b1c
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:07:48 +1200

Dear Rick

You asked:

.... but if you know and are at liberty to say, is the position exactly
at the R1b1c node conclusively (or even convincingly) determined as
equivalent to M269? I'm not an expert on this, so maybe I'm missing
something, but that result would strike me as remarkable - quite a long
bottleneck, which if that is the case I suppose would be quite
informative as to the history of R1b1c.

This is assumed in the lack of evidence to the contrary, but if all
M269+ were tested in the world then exceptions may occur. If interested,
I suggest you closely read the SNP listing criteria on the ISOGG tree
site

http://isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_SNP_Requirements.html

certain minimum criteria are set. These are practical rather than
exhaustive.

Cheers

John McEwan

This thread: