From: "Ray Vick" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Q's on YSEARCH
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:59:01 -0700

Speaking of SMGF, we had some fun with their data. We compared our (rare)
results with others and found an exact 22 marker match, with a genealogy.
Then I looked in the FTDNA surname project and found another match this time
with the haplogroup test (a Q) with 12 markers. Their data was not on
YSearch. Then we got an email address from the project admin and emailed
him. Turned out the FTDNA guy was 2nd cousin to the SMGF guy, and we think
closly related to us but different surname. I felt like a regular Sherlock
Holmes!

This thread: