From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] 67-marker reduction? -- software glitch
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:44:09 -0400 (EDT)

Diana wrote:
> I think what we've got here is a software issue...

No, it's a policy issue.

> If I look at my project's "Received lab results" page, it tells me results from
> this member's 26-37 panel were returned 7/8. If I go to the member page, only
> results 1-12 are showing. If I go to my "Unreceived lab results page," only
> markers 13-25 are shown pending. On the member's own page, only 13-25 are shown
> pending.

This happens from time to time. FTDNA simply doesn't report a higher
panel when a lower panel is not completed. One time this situation
occurred, I asked Bennett Greenspan if there was any way around this
policy, and he obligingly extracted the "hidden" results from the
database and sent them specially to me by email. In that particular
instance, I was mainly interested in just one marker in the higher
panel. Ordinarily, I just wait patiently for the results to come
via the established protocols.

John Chandler

This thread: