Subject: Re: [DNA] My aunt 's mtDNA and mine re not the same?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:49:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2006 6:37:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Discrepancy apparently NOT a discrepancy. Markers for both X and A.
> Have been told this is convergent evolution, a scientific anomaly. This
> should become very interesting.

Yes, very interesting indeed. I do know that FTDNA is selecting a suite of
coding region SNPs for haplogroup definitions. They have not published a list of
which loci they are using, but at one point (from memory) someone here posted
that they were using about 20 SNPs. That may not be sufficient. Along the
same lines, someone recently posted that M* and C haplogroups seemed to be
experiencing some cross-talk.

Please keep us informed!

Ann Turner

This thread: