From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: New median network diagram of R1b
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:13:07 -0600

From: "M True" <>

> As an aside, a recent email from Allen Hunt has drawn to my attention the
> fact that another group seems to be apparent on the diagram. The group is
> the group marked as R1bStr3 on John McEwan's table. On the diagram it is
> the cluster a little below the Frisian cluster on the right hand side,
> comprised of Rust, Foster, Lovelace, Hurst (England), and Burns and Kenny
> (Ireland).

If you mean R haplotypes with 11-15 at 385, 19-22 at YCA, 23 at 390, 25 at
C4, 15-15-17-18 at 464 --- they are the variety R1b - F2 in my list of modal
haplotypes at www.northwestanalysis.net

One of the entries in ysearch called themselves R2, but I suspect this
variety is an auxiliary of the main Frisian R1b. If anyone has a crucial
SNP test on this point, it would be of interest.

Ken

This thread: