From: John Lerch <>
Subject: re Sorenson's supposed bug
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:26:33 -0500

Thought I'd drop a note before someone told me I was an idiot. I had
started to make sure that the following wasn't a flaw in my reasoning;
but I'm not sure I remembered to do it in re 488 whatever and 524.1C.
To wit, one has to remember that one can have matching squares in the
Sorenson display and that can mean--nothing happened there. IOW there
frequently occurs double negatives--"one doesN'T NOT have something".
That might be the case with my supposed bug; but I had noticed the
ambiguity of the display/my though process earlier and I thought I had
accounted for it; but I may not have. I'll double check later--unless
someone says "Yes I've checked and there's nothing wrong with the search
engine and you're an idiot."
JAL

This thread: