Subject: Re: [DNA] Y-STR Test Question
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:40:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2006 10:32:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes [about 37-marker records]

> I counted just under 11,000 at ySearch.

How did you figure that out? I see a statistic on the home page about the
total number of records (~30,000), but I don't see a breakdown like the one at
SMGF, which shows that most records have data for 34+ markers (the way they
count it, where multi-copy markers are just counted once).

http://www.smgf.org/ychromosome/database_stats.jspx

I imagine YSearch has been accumulating a greater percentage of 12-marker
test results since the Genographic Project started a little over a year ago.

Ann Turner

This thread: