From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] an unusual(?) Danish I1a
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 07:40:41 -0600

Diana, You forgot to mention the 438 = 11 which is the rarest mutation.

But I did find you a relative for Jensen in Denmark --- Envoldsen in SMGF.
He shares the 11,15,11 at 391, 393, 438 which are the rare mutations. And
Envoldsen also has the 13,15 at 385 (like me) which is off the beaten path
as well.

As some of us try to say often, especially Ann Turner, as soon as you have
a couple rare mutations, the odds are you will not have matches, and even if
you put in too many markers the odds of not having matches grows large,
given the size of our databases. It is simple math; only right around the
modal is the probability decent that just about every combination of
mutations from the modal among the fast markers will show an example in the
databases as they exist now.

I found another Dane and German sharing some of Jensen's rare mutations. So
I don't view Jensen as a real I1a maverick, just off the mainstream.

Ken